Thursday, September 01, 2005

Our Kittens Have Telepathic Powers

I discovered this quite by accident. I was in the laundry room throwing a load of towels in the washer and Ariel was playing Roll The Ball Into The Kitchen Cabinets And Make As Much Noise As I Possibly Can when she suddenly freaked out and came running into the laundry room, meowing at the top of her fuzzy little lungs! I swear, it sounded like someone was skinning her. She turned around and went rushing down the stairs, still shrieking. I figured she'd either found a hidden stash of cat nip and was hallucinating slathering pit bulls or her tail had spontaneously combusted and caught fire, so I ran downstairs after her. I get to the bottom of the stairs and hear Jaz letting lose with the panicked, Oh, My God, Someone Save Me, I've Been Abandoned and I'm So Terrified! song and dance that the two of them do when one of them discovers that he or she is all alone in a room and he/she doesn't see or hear anyone. Ariel is sitting in front of the door that leads to the garage, trying to scratch rips into the woodwork while Jaz is going for Best Vocals From A Lead Actor on the other side of the door. Let me give you a little backgroung here - Jaz has this unnatural obsession with the garage. Lately he's developed this routine of following me into the garage in the morning, while Shorty and Ariel are still asleep in bed, and sitting at my feet while I ride the exercise bike. After about 5 minutes of this he starts meowing and pawing at my PJ pants until I pick him up. I finish the remaining 25 minutes of my morning workout with a happily purring, completely passed out little black kitten in my arms. He'll wake periodically when the resistance turns lower and I pedal harder, glower at me for jostling him, meow piteously and curl back to sleep. Back to the story - about 5 minutes before Ariel received her telapathic panic message from her brother and decided to play Lassie, I had gone down to the garage to grab the empty water bottle from the exercise bike. I'm guessing that Jaz followed me out there, thinking that we were going to play his new favorite game of Snuggle With Mom While She's Trying To Workout. He must have gotten shut in the garage, realized he was all alone and sent out a distress signal. So, along with being rescued and getting Apology Cuddle for locking him in the dark, terrifying garage, he got the nice little side benefit of scaring 5 years off my life.

So I'm thinking that maybe they can teach me this new little telepathy trick. It could come in really handy with Shorty . . . 'Honey, I need a beer!' ^_^

I'll do a real update soon!

4 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger karla said...

Nice!
Hey, you commented on my blog (thanks!) and I see you're from Alaska. That's where I was born, and my sister and her family still live there (Fairbanks). We go back to visit every few years. I remember when we moved to MO when I was 8, kids were fascinated with me. They thought I used to live in an igloo and eat whale blubber.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Arctic Skipper said...

Heh . . . I routinely mess with people from the 'Lower 48' - *innocent voice* Yeah, we drove dogsleds to school, I had a pet polar bear and we have snow year round!!! ;)

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - now that the two of you long lost sisters have gotten to know one another ;) Esse, HTHAY? You f-ing crack me up. I can barely keep up with your wordy e-mails and now I've got to read the novels of your daily life....well get prepared chica...cuz I'm getting ready to unload on my "new" space. I'm glad your side of America is good - Miss you tons.

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! lamictal Below whole sale fax machines Cadillac cts v shocks digital cameras Apple valley cabinets dangerous curves strippers mercedes Mercedes e320 review 0 60 http://www.buy-zithromax.info/export-blackberry-files.html pyramid 300w 4 channel car audio sub amplifier Roulette text free texas holdem poker full game Diamonds are a girl Dental offices Adjusting fan belt on mercedez benz Visual basic training melbourne microsoft Winfax problem sending faxes when logged off Usta tennis tournament schedules for juniors mercedes benz dealer washington dc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home