Friday, September 09, 2005

AUGH! Stress!

This past week has been crazy! We finally got the foundation fixed - Shorty's dad brought in a loader (I think it's called a loader - it's a great big yellow thingy that has a scoopy guy on one end!) so we dug around the corner and the side of the house with shovels until we found the power line (that the previous owner had cut twice!) and then Pops cleared the dirt the rest of the way. After we had a beer, (heh) we stapled double layered, heavy visquine to the house and filled the trench. It took us all day Monday, and by the time we were done we were just beat! But now I get to start picking out paint and carpet for the downstairs guest room! :)

Nikkie, Sam and the kids came down Sunday evening so Megyn came over to play. Shorty and I went out to Kevin's and took everyone's money in poker Sunday nite, which was fun. Poor Kevin is convinced that Siri's parents' house is haunted. I think Shorty busted @$$ one too many times and riled the ghosts! It could have been the garlic and Bud Lite burps, too . . . . :S

Other than that, not much else is going on. Dad's birthday was Wednesday, so I called and sang him happy birthday on his voice mail. I didn't think the 'Mr. President' version was appropriate to sing to my father (since we're not from Arkansas) so I busted down with a very high, veeeery off-key version of my own. That's love! Sorry, Dad! I'm sure it was awful! Love you! Hee hee.

Softball is almost over. We have one more late season game next Wednesday and then the Late Season tournament is Saturday the 17th. Indoor soccer is starting soon, though, so I'll be busy with that soon enough.

I haven't decided if I'm going to play volleyball this winter. Honestly, it's just not fun anymore. I'll give it a couple of times and then we'll see.

We don't have any big plans for the weekend. Shorty's going over to Jeff's to play poker with those idiots (excluding John - he's not an idiot) so I'm going to head over to Kevin's haunted house and play poker with some of our softball buddies. Saturday I have big plans to clean the house and cuddle with Ariel Kitten and Jazzy Cat. We might have a poker party at our house on Saturday nite - that one's still kinda up in the air. Shorty's working on Sunday, so I'll probably putter around the house and relax. I should probably straighten the garage. Shorty got all rowdy and decided to rearrange it but he hasn't finished so I haven't been able to work out since all our equipment is strewn all over the garage. (And I'm too lazy to work around it.) Oh, wait, I have Megyn on Sunday. Mabey we'll bake cookies (that Shorty can't have - ha ha!) and do a foot spa. My pedicure is starting to chip . . . . I've given up on doing anything with my finger nails until softball's over. I need to remember to make an appt to get a set of nails put on after the 17th. God, I'm turning into such a girl!!! UGH! :P

It's starting to get chilly! :( The trees are turning orange and yellow - it's just gorgeous - but it's been rainy and overcast the past few days. It' s only 59 degrees outside right now, though. I'M NOT READY FOR WINTER YET!! SOB! :(