Tuesday, September 20, 2005

It's officially over!

No more softball until next summer! :( We had our end of the season tourney (for late season) on Saturday. I went over to the place where Kev is house-sitting Friday nite and we drank an incredible amount of Corona, played Yahtzee and Rummy and watched Monk and The Simpsons. Oh, and we may possibly have polished off a bottle of Sour Apple pucker . . . . good thing our first game wasn't until 11 am on Saturday morning! Also a good thing that there are three guest bedrooms at the place that Kev is house-sitting, since it's way out in North Pole! Shorty was having boy nite at our house Friday nite. He invited his outcast poker geeks over for a crazy nite of poker. These are the guys who aren't our regular friends or our softball friends - these guys are complete losers - with the exception of John - who Shorty gets together with to play poker every once in a while. Apparently they're 'easy money.' They're also complete idiots who seem to think that poker is life - they throw around phrases like "Big Slick" and "I'm on tilt!" - they watch poker 24/7 on TV and know all the players and I have no desire to waste my time with these spazes. Hence the trip to Kev's. :)

Saturday started off a little chilly but then warmed up and it turned out to be a great day to play ball! Too bad our bats didn't show up. We had a few errors in the field, but our batting sucked (generally) and we lost our first three games, which put us right out of the tourney. What can ya do? I chose to have a few beers with my friends and watch the remaining games. Shorty and I were supposed to head over to a BBQ at Bobbi and Aaron's house Saturday nite but we are losers *grin* and fell asleep on the couch with the kittens. I think we woke up around 11 pm, decided that the two block trip down to Bobbi & Aaron's required much too much energy *cringe* and ordered dinner from Red Fox. We spent the rest of the nite snuggled on the couch watching movies and cuddling with our spoiled rotten kittens, Ariel & Jazz.

Other than softball, not much else went on this weekend. I had lots of cuddle time with Thing 1 & Thing 2, (Ariel & Jazz) I cleaned the house, read, and watched Laguna Beach while Shorty worked. (That's right - go make me some money!!!) This week promises to be just as exciting. ;) Megyn's spending the nite tonite, Shorty has a basketball game Wednesday, Thursday I don't think we have anything planned and then Shorty has another basketball game on Friday. Indoor soccer is starting up soon and I need to toss in some extra time on the bike in the mornings and evenings so I'm not totally sucking wind our first few games. I've taken a break from lifting, but I'm pretty much over this cold, so I need to stop slacking and start hitting up the weight machine again. Plus, Patricia's wedding is in a few weeks and I refuse to look like a heifer poured into a cute dress! ;)

1 Comments:

At 2:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home