Friday, December 23, 2005

So I had a little temper tantrum last nite while trying to put the boarder up in Megyn's room. Directions clearly state to loosely roll the boarder up, soak it in warm water, with the sticky side down, for about 10 seconds, unroll along the wall and smooth with a sponge. Sounds simple and fairly easy, right? The directions said nothing about getting the boarder stuck in your hair, having it slide all over the wall and slime your pretty new paint job, tear, drip, and curl back in on itself. About 5 minutes into the job I was dripping wet, sticky, and really, really pissed off. Ariel decided it was cuddle time and chose that moment to launch herself onto my shoulders and get her balance by gouging her back claws into my skin. (Whoever said that de-clawing a cat's back paws was inhumane needs to stop smoking crack and deserves a couple of rips in the shoulders with cat claws.) Poor Shorty called right then and got blasted with all my frustration. Although he does have a newly-discovered, horrifying fascination with mother on daughter action, (I'm sticking with my opinion that the Gastineau girls are dirty hos - anyone who poses nekkid in her mom's cooch is automatically regulated to dirty ho status) there are some situations where he demonstrates surprising intelligence and sensetivity, and this was one of them. Two seconds after he walked in the front door, he busted out my Christmas presents!!! He bought me a gorgeous heart shaped diamond necklace and matching earring set (yes, I got teary - I'm such a Sally!) and a gift card to Lowes! (Yes, the way to my heart is jewelry and gift cards for home improvement. I will own Lowe's curtain and window treatment section by next week! Oh, yes, I will! Call me daddy!) Since I hadn't wrapped his gifts yet, I just handed them over, too. (He got warm, fuzzy fleecy sweatpants and three warm, fuzzy, fleecy sweatshirts from Foot Locker - so he'll stop stealing mine!) I had pretty much had it with trying to get Megyn's room done, so we headed down to Red Fox for dinner and a few drinks. When we got home, the last thing on the damn planet I wanted to do was finish putting up that freaking boarder and risk ruining my good mood, so we *coughhadafewmoredrinkscough* decided to be lazy slugs. Shorty played poker online, I played with the kittens, (the LOVE their laser light) read a book and taunted Shorty whenever he lost a hand. Yes, yes, I know, I know - I'm such a kind, loving, suppportive girlfriend. Shorty's so lucky to have me.

Tonite I have to get that #@*%&^! boarder done, though. :(

3 Comments:

At 1:46 AM, Blogger Spyder said...

hoping you have a great christmas. have a drink on me :)

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Arctic Skipper said...

Thanks, guys! No more drinkey drinkey - I think I sucked down the better part of a bottle of Bacardi and I still feel it!

 
At 3:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home