Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Reason # 396 Why Dodges Are The Best Trucks On The Market:


My truck cold started at 30 below this morning. My baby rocks!

I forgot to pull my truck back into the garage last nite after the guys pulled the fireplace insert upstairs. As I completely spaced pulling my poor baby back into the garage and wasn't planning on having it outside all nite, my truck wasn't plugged in, either. For those of you who don't know, Fairbanks is Freezing Ass Cold in the winter, (yes, that is a technical term) and if you have a vehicle here you have to have a block heater (and a battery blanket, which is optional) installed on your rig. At nite, when it's 20 above or colder, you plug your block heater into an outlet outside your house, and the block heater keeps your vehicle from freezing up when the temperature drops to Freeze Your Eyelashes Off. (a.k.a below zero) If you forget to plug your vehicle in and it's colder than - 20, 99.9% of the time it won't start in the morning and you'll be SOL. (Another techincal term.) BUT MY TRUCK STARTED!!!! True, it made an ear-drum shattering, horrible screeching sound, but it started. Which is more than I can say for the POS 2003 Tundra Shorty brought home the other nite which wouldn't start at -35 plugged in. Thereby, proving my point that Dodges rock and everything else is crap.

(I'll post an entry about how much I love watching Jake Plummer cry in a bit.)

3 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger tfg said...

Negative thirty-what? As in 0 degrees and then 35 less degrees? That's nuts.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Shea said...

Yep, your truck rocks, Linsdey!!

For any of those of you out there who need to see just how fucking-godblessid-damn cold (another technical term) it really does get here, go check out my blog and the picture of the temperature I just posted..... =0)
And be thankful that you live somewhere warm!!!

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home