Monday, November 14, 2005

I'm aware that this is a decision I made all on my own. I chose to live in Alaska, and I was well aware of the type of weather I would be facing during the winter. I could be living in California right now, soaking up the heat and wearing a cute pair of dress pants and a light shirt instead of a pair of heavy cotton pants and a big, bulky sweater, but I chose to stay in Alaska and make my home here. I did this with a full realization of the ups and downs of the climate in Fairbanks. However, while I understand that I do live in Alaska and it is a bit colder here than it is in other parts of the country, it is never right for a person to walk into his/her office in the morning and be able to see his/her breath! It is freezing in my office. At this very moment I'm huddled at my desk with my space heater cranked. I'm still sporting my big, puffy, pale blue down jacket and I've hunched over a cup of Pumpkin Spice-laced coffee in a desparate attempt to get feeling back into my fingers. My desk is right by the windows, and there is an incredible amount of cold air that radiates from those big bastards! I'd post an update about my weekend, but I'm afraid my frozed brain cells are a bit sluggish and I can't remember what I did five minutes ago, much less a whole 24 hours ago. I'll update as soon as I've thawed . . . .

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger tfg said...

It's only November. You have just cured me of any notion that I might have had about moving to AK.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home