Thursday, November 10, 2005

Brunette vs Blonde - the ultimate dilemma!

I'm thinking of going back to being a brunette. I haven't completely decided yet, but it's something I've been kicking around. (Mom, stop squealing - I'm not sure if I'm going to do it. :P) I love being blonde, I think I look better as a blonde, and my entire wardrobe is made up of colors that look flattering on blondes, but the up-keep is kind of a pain in the butt. Every 6 weeks I have to shell out $100 (which, admittedly, isn't that expensive) to sit in a chair for two hours and have highlighting goop foil wrapped into my hair. (I do pick up excellent reception for those two hours, though . . . ;)) After about 5 weeks my roots are seriously noticible and I have to plan my hairstyles around the fact that I look like a blonde with a fading dye-job. I've been doing this for 9 years. My poor hair probably needs a break! I have appointment with my hair chica next week, and I'll most likely end up getting highlighted again, but after that I think I'll take the plunge and have her either strip the color out of my hair or dye me back to my original brunette.

This may not seem like it should be such a big deal, but for someone who obsesses about her hair, it's kind of a tramatic decision.

Kevin is looking at this whole thing as a very interesting experiment on social behavior. He's betting people will take me more seriously at work, which I'm completely in agreement with. He also thinks that our friends will start treating me a little differently, which I'm not quite sure about. He was describing the transformation as me going from being a cute little tan, bouncy blonde cheerleader type to a more serious, sultry brunette. My personality isn't going to change - I'm still going to be completely ditzy and silly - but his take on the whole situation is that people will think of me differently once I've darkened my hair. I kind of agree, but I don't think it will be to such an extreme degree. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home