Monday, October 17, 2005

If you dropped in to see what exciting, fun things I've been up to and you're expecting an entertaining entry highlighting crazy weekend debauchery, you might wanna back out now. :) We had a pretty tame weekend.

Friday nite was spent watching Shorty's basketball team beat the poo out of Big Kev's team, followed by beer and popcorn at CBI with the boys.

I layed around like a lazy slug Saturday morning, watched Laguna Beach and cuddled with Thing 1 & Thing 2 before tackling the house cleaning. Saturday nite I met up with Big Kev and we hit up CBI for pre-beer beer before heading to the Ice Dogs hockey game, where I ran into a ton of friends and spent more time drinking beer and blabbing than I did actually watching the game. :( I heard it was good, though! :P (Disclaimer: I didn't actually end up drinking as much beer as that previous sentence might lead you to believe. They were serving Miller and Koakanee at the game, so I managed to choke down a Miller. BLECH. I think I now have a pretty fair idea of what the inside of a shoe tastes like. :S)

Sunday Shorty and I got yard work done. He had the brilliant idea of putting all our fire wood under the deck stairs so we wouldn't have to go as far into the yard to get our fire wood. Apparently putting your fire wood pile right up against your house is a huge no-no because, in the event that your fire wood pile spontaneously combusts and catches fire, the closer your fire wood pile is to your house, the more likely it is that your house will catch fire, too. As we don't have self-igniting fire wood, I think we'll be okay.

We also picked up a new computer desk and a cat tree. No, we don't have a decorative tree with cats dangling from it - we got a cute little stand (that's almost taller than I am!) with a couple of different shelves on it. It also has a big tube for the kittens to crawl through and a little ball dangling from the floor of the top shelf. Ariel and Jazz went nuts over it! I woke up this morning and they were cuddled up on the middle shelf together (instead of being in bed with us where they belong!) - which only further solidifies my theory that we have the cutest kittens ever.

Tonite I'm heading to a tanning appt after work and then I'm meeting up with Shorty and Pops for pool and burgers at Red Fox, but I absolutely have got to be home in time to catch the new episode of Laguna Beach at 9pm because - OMG. LC AND JASON?!?!?!!!!!!!

Expect a Laguna episode recap tomorrow. :)

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what the hell is Laguna Beach? You are killing me.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Arctic Skipper said...

Duder, you're missing out!! It's terribly addicting, and not in a Sterling Cabernet kind of way. It's more like a fungus - it kinda grows on ya until you've reached the point that you'll wrestle your much larger boyfriend to the floor in an effort to get at the remote because, OMG, LAGUNA IS COMING ON AND I HAVE TO SEE IF JESSICA FINALLY DUMPS JASON LIKE THE ASS THAT HE IS!

Laguna Beach is a reality show on MTV about a bunch of very superficial teenagers who live in - yeah - Laguna Beach. It's basically a drama-fest starring highschool kids and set in So Cal. It's awesome and I'm obsessed.

Miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home