Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I'm Back!

I made it home okay! I may have a few more gray hairs than before, but I made it back in one piece. The drive down to Anchorage was fine - Mom's Rendezvous handles great and I had tons of fun playing with the cruise control and volume/CD controls on the steering wheel. Yes, I am easily amused. Moving on . . . . :P I met up with K in Anchorage, proceded to get lost on the way to Affordable and finally met up with Mom and Nana. (Note to self: Britt the Sales Duder is really cute and really nice and should be moved to #1 on the Fall Back list if Shorty ever bails.;) We made the vehicle switch and I hopped into the BHB (Big Heavy Bastard) 2003 F250 Crew Cab Diesel that I was given to drive back to Fairbanks. K and I checked out Mom and Nana's room at the Diamond Center Hotel, (very nice!) and then headed back to Casa Del J&K to change for dinner with Mom and Nana. K got me hammered at Sea Galley on an Alaskan Tea. The AT is the equivalent of a Long Island but it packs a bigger punch and I hadn't really eaten all day (with the exception of a handful of sunflower seeds, some Beef Nuggets and a few Sour Cream and Onion chips) so the plethora of gin, vodka, rum and everything else went straight to my blonde head. I'm pretty sure I ended up giggling all nite. Dinner was a blast, though, and a few things came out. Mom completely agrees with the fact that K and I are disturbingly alike. At first K thought she might be Mom's long-lost daughter, which Mom was fully in favor of. After a discussion and comparison of our moms, however, K and I have come to the conclusion that our mothers are sisters and Nana has a long-lost daughter. K's parents are coming down to Anchorage for Turkey Day, so hopefully we can all hook up and have dinner on Friday evening.

Saturday morning K made J and I an awesome breakfast and we managed to get all the furniture loaded into BHB. I headed out about 1:30 and made it back to Fairbanks in 6 and a half hours. I will never, ever purchase an F250. Ever. BHB was a bitch to drive and I was getting thrown all over the road. An 80 ton vehicle with an additional 80 tons of furniture in the back + icy roads = bad. Okay, maybe I was exaggerating a little. It was a pretty hairy drive home and I'm glad no one else was with me because I was driving like a total Sally, which goes completely against my reputation as the chick version of Mario Andretti. I was seriously wired on Diet Rockstar and Starbucks' Frappacinos, though, so it took forever to get to sleep Sunday nite. I think Shorty and the kittens missed me because I kept waking up with two fur balls sprawled across my shoulders and neck and a cute boy snuggled on me. :)

We've gotten very productive now that we finally have a real bed to put in the guest bedroom! I re-arranged the living room last nite and Shorty and I put Megyn's new bed together. I have a soccer game at 8 PM tonite so tomorrow we begin Project Downstairs Bedroom. We're hitting up home depot for carpet, paint and accessories and I'm going to bust down on painting the walls tomorrow nite! Hopefully we'll have the bedroom finished by this weekend! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home