Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Arctic Barbie Girls Reunion!!

Sorry it's been a while. My best friend and old roommate from college came up last week so I took the week off from work and, as I've said before, the only time I ever blog is when I'm at work. Therefore, me no at work = no update.

It was absolutely freaking AWESOME to see Whit again! I couldn't believe it had actually been 5 YEARS since we'd last seen each other. Our story is kinda funny, but I'll bust down the short, dirty version instead of the extended version. I first heard of Whit my freshman year of college. (We'll leave the actual year out since I already feel old enough, thanks very much.) I didn't know her and she didn't know me, but through gossip and misenterpretation, we absolutely detested each other. I came back to UAF my sophmore year, refreshed from a kick ass summer in Souther Cali, only to discover that my roommate for the year was none other than the eeeeevil, despicable Whitney! (dun dun dun!) I managed to avoid her bitchy butt for a couple of days, but then one fateful Fall afternoon we ended up all alone in our room together. She sat me down, we had a nice little discussion about why we hated each other, realized that every single one of our reasons was based on false information, discovered that we are a lot alike and were most probably seperated at birth (except that I'm the Cute One) and we've been inseperable ever since. (Well, up until she got married and moved to PA. ) Later that semester, Whit met Rhonda and the legacy of the Arctic Barbie Girls was born. The three of us were super close and then drifted apart, but thanks to Whit's insane visit last week, the Arctic Barbie Girls have been reunited, and it's on now! Well, it will be on as soon as one of the members dyes her hair back to blonde. (God, I'm so over this brunette thing!!)

The week went by almost too fast. It was a blur of margarita lunches at Chilis, manicures and pedicures and the consumption of several bottles of wine, which lead to my Victoria's Secret catalog being violated. (Don't ask.) Naturally, we made a trip out for a killer prime rib dinner at the Turtle Club, too. Whit also discovered how evil our exercise bike is and I got back into my workout routine. It was awesome to hang out with Whit and Rhonda again. I hadn't realized how much I had missed my two Barbie girls. Shorty got a quick, brutal initiation into my nutty relationship with Whit, and I must say, he handled it very well. He and Whit ganged up on me one nite and decided to entertain each other with some of my embarassing stories, and then I had to lay a beat down on them both, but other than that, things were great! ;)

I have a ton of pictures, but I'm going to hold off posting them (except these two of Whit and I) until I make sure it's okay with the other peeps who've been immortalized in the photos.

So, Whit's visit was great, the weather is warm and sunny and everything is melting and it's totally coming down to crunch time for Sheilah's wedding. STRESS!!

3 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...what year was it when you were in Pullman? Sophomore or Junior?

All I remember is that you were so much younger then....

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Arctic Skipper said...

You know we totally listened to that song, too! Hee hee!

I was in Pullman my . . . Junior year. It was kinda weird - almost all my friends were so much older than I was, and you know there was no way that I was going to be able to sneak into a bar. :(

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please. You could have gotten in. We went after every softball game, but you always had to study or something.

No more "so much older" comments. I'm in age denial, and I don't want you to snap me out of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home