Tuesday, September 26, 2006

New and Exciting Sh&# That I Seem To Be Suddenly Allergic To:


After my brief bout with seasonal allergies, I've discovered that I've developed a whole new slew of food-related allergies. I was told by my doctor that our bodies change every 7 years, and the fact that I've recently turned 28 seems to have triggered all of this, which only further confirms my conclusion that getting old bites. Now, eating certain foods have triggered a really uncomfortable reaction - my throat feels itchy and tight, like it's closing, and I can't breath very well, and the insides of my ears itch like crazy. I've never had allergies - ever and I've never been allergic to anything - ever - and all of a sudden, I'm allergic to everything that I love! :(

So. New and Exciting Shit That I Seem To Be Suddenly Allergic To:

~ Apples. I love apples. I eat at least one apple every day. Golden Delicious are my favorites, but the tart, green Granny Smiths are right behind.

~ Strawberries. Who in the hell is allergic to strawberries?!?!?! It's a strawberry, for God's sake, but suddenly, I can't eat them.

~ Peaches and Nectarines. I LOVE fruit and these are - ooops, were - two of my favorite things to eat.

~ Pears. The weird thing is, I can eat canned pears, just not fresh pears. ???

~ Plums. I'm going to start tearing up in a second.

~ Carrots. We go through bags of baby carrots, so maybe all this is due to overkill? This is the only veggie I seem to have issues with, though.

~ Cherries. Not that we get a lot of fresh cherries in Alaska, but when we do get them, I stuff myself. Yeah, no more. :(

~ Grapes. These were my favorite snack. I'd munch on grapes almost every day, and now I'm forced to find other snack options. :(

~Bannanas. Reactions to bananas are hit and miss, and again, banana bread is fine, fresh bananas kill me, though.

Thus far, I seem to be allergic to all my favorite fruits except melon and oranges. :( I quit and I don't wanna play anymore.

13 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger AlaskanBarbieGirl said...

So now that all your low fat good for you snacks are out...does that mean I win our biggest loser competition?

Allergies...did you mom give you a lot of antibiotics when you were growing up? Just wondering. Sometimes we make our kids so clean with antibiotics that they can't handle the real world...and that's not saying your a basket case, just an allergy case.

*STRAWBERRIES*PEACHES*PLUMS going down! Mmmmmm. Boy these are good. You should try some :)~

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger AlaskanBarbieGirl said...

BTW...if grapes are out, so is wine. Hee hee. JK

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger karla said...

Oh my God, this is a horror story!! Alergic to fruit? I'd die. I suggest you take up drinking immediately. I mean, more so than before.

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not allergic to lime are you? You poor, poor thing-no margaritas for you!

The Miller Lite and rice diet is still in though...

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And don't blame it on your mother either... =)

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger AlaskanBarbieGirl said...

Hmmm...well Rhonda...maybe she'll come down with some sort of barley and hops alergy that nixs beer, too. I hear that alergy hits at age 29.

I think Lindsey would be very happy if the only thing she had to drink for the rest of her life was Peppermint Schnapps. :)

Did I say that?

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger AlaskanBarbieGirl said...

And YES...I can spell
A-L-L-E-R-G-Y properly. I was just testing you. Geez. Blondie needs some help again.

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn and i thought my gout related items were bad that i had to avoid!

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, allergic to apples??? That's as bad as being allergic to chocolate! I'm sorry :(

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Arctic Skipper said...

Rhonda Lynn, if I ever become allergic to margaritas, stick a fork in me, I'm done. Life isn't worth living if I can't spend it with Jose. (Or his snobby cousin, Patron.) Looks like I'll be living off Miller Lite and rice again . . . . if it makes me look like I did back in college, it won't be too bad . . . . ;)

Karla, it sucks! I've been drowning my sorrows with Sterling and Kendall Jackson. SOB!

Whit, I can't believe you brought up the peppermine schnapps!! That was so wrong!!! I've just recently been able to use Scope again . . . . that's jacked up!

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are having a reaction to what is sprayed on the fruit. Even if it has a skin you remove, fruit is like a sponge, it absorbs everything that lands on the skin. Everything you note is a natural grown food.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger AlaskanBarbieGirl said...

Well, there you go, Linds. Try eating organic fruit. It's more expensive, but maybe you won't react to it :)That's probably why you can eat canned pears and not regular pears.

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous free adult xxx animal stories said...

It took about 4 or 5 nights but they finally returned. I tell her to get back to the bed and finish dressing.
gay sex stories
moms xxx stories
free pregnant bestiality stories
xxx stories father son
real true adult sex gay stories
It took about 4 or 5 nights but they finally returned. I tell her to get back to the bed and finish dressing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home