Thursday, May 18, 2006


Dayquil is my friend. Dayquil makes me happy. Dayquil allows me to get through the working day when I'd rather be curled up in bed with my kittens, a large box of kleenex and a good book.

Sudafed, on the other hand, makes me loopy and unable to function properly, which I discovered last nite when Shorty told me to wake up and stop talking in my sleep because I wasn't making any sense. I made perfect sense in my dream. What does he know?

May I advise buying large quantities of stock in the Celestial Seasons tea company as I'll be heading to the store to buy out the rest of the inventory at Fred Meyers as soon as I get off work.

I feel like poo and I don't mind complaining about it. I hate being sick. :( Poor Shorty deserves tons of sympathy right now because I am a pain in the butt to live with when I don't feel well. (Whit will vouch for this one!) He was absolutely awesome last nite, though, and had a huge bowl of chicken noodle soup waiting for me as soon as I got home from my ball games. That's right, I have a Kitchen Bitch. Be jealous.

Oh, and since you all were waiting with baited breath for the update, I batted okay in my co-ed games last nite. I'm putting partial blame on the Dayquil-induced fog I was in. The rest of the blame goes on my jinx and the eeeevil umpire who called my sweet shot down the third base line foul. Bunghole . . .

9 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger AlaskanBarbieGirl said...

Oh god, Linds...I hope you're not too sick to drink! Geezus! This sounds bad! Rally, girl! RALLY! In the words of Rob Schneider poorly impersonating a semi-hispanic person in the Water Boy, 'YOU CAN DOooooo IT! Chase that chicken soup with some knock-ya-nekkid alcohol!! Feel better. Oh, and BTW...you don't have to be sick to talk in your sleep. You talked and giggled in your sleep all the time in college. You were always mumbling something about you wanting Ryan to stop dating George because you were sick of sharing your boyfriend with another man...:P I hope this flashback has made you feel better.

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that ball WAS FAIR! i saw it hit chalk!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Arctic Skipper said...

Holy crap, Shorty's defending me???? The world is now coming to an end in 3 . . . 2 . . . . 1 . . .

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger AlaskanBarbieGirl said...

B-A-M!!!!

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger tfg said...

What are your stats, to date, for both leagues?

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger AlaskanBarbieGirl said...

I found your blog very useful too Lindsey. Would you like to buy some perfume from me? Everyone knows the reason you have a blog is to get solicited, right? You can send the money to

Alaskan Barbie Girl
PO Box 8675309
Maui, Hawaii

I promise that I'll send your perfume. Promise. :)~

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, that was me, big kev who witnessed lindsays ball hit chalk, im sure shorty would have called it fair too, unless we were playing against him

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Arctic Skipper said...

My stats? Heh . . . well, in womens we're more interested in drinking beer, so I don't think Mel's keeping stats. I'm trying to think about my batting average right now. (Hang on, this'll take a while . . . ) I might have flied out to left once or twice so far in womens, and I was 2 for 4 in both co-ed games last nite.

No errors in the field - I suck up balls like a Hoover. (Take that and run with it, Whit, you know you want to!)

Kev, are you keeping stats for co-ed this year? I know I'm sucking butt and I probably don't want to know my BA for coed . . .

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy those allergies really have you dreamy..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home