Tuesday, January 23, 2007

80's Trivia Question O' Da Day


Kev and I were playing Totally 80's trivial pursuit during lunch (yes, I got thumped - but I was born in 78!! I think I should get a handicap!) and I missed a question that I totally should have gotten. Kev, the 80's trivia king, didn't even know the name of the show, so he had no idea what I was doing when I suddenly broke out into song in the middle of his store . . . . . I remembered the theme song but I absolutely could not come up with the name of the damn show! Then I thought I was getting the theme song confused with the theme from Flash Gordon so I second guessed myself and missed the answer. :(

I was so sure that I knew the theme song to this show, but I wasn't absolutely positive, so, naturally, I looked it up on the net when I got back from lunch. I still maintain that if you can sing the theme song to the TV show but you can't remember the name of the damn show, you should get a point anyway.

Moving on, I just wanted to see if any of you could guess the name of the TV show (from the 80's, obviously) that belongs to the lyrics:

Look at what's happened to me
I can't believe it myself
Suddenly I'm up on top of the world
It should've been somebody else

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Flying away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not, it's just me!

Shorty, here's a hint: we had an argument over the theme song of the show at Brewsters one night. Oh, and BTW, I WAS RIGHT! HAH!

9 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger AlaskanBarbieGirl said...

Um...I was in love with Ricky...now Rick Schroeder. He is still a sexy bitch and the name of the show of that theme song is SILVER SPOONS. :P

If I'm wrong...just shoot me. Then I won't have to finish microbiology this semester.

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to shoot your friend.

That's the theme from "The Greatest American Hero".

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to sign my name on that, so you'd know who the genius that solved your riddle was.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger tfg said...

What anon said. I feel so dirty for knowing that. Thanks.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger AlaskanBarbieGirl said...

Hail the bullets...I suck at trivia apparently. Do you have any questions you'd like answered on pathogenic microorganisms by chance? I could probably do that.:P

What is this 'Greatest American Hero'? Isn't that a Bud Light salute commercial theme song?

Here's one for you...guess this one: Thursday, Friday, Happy Days...

I apparently suck at making up trivia questions, too. :(

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Arctic Skipper said...

Whit, I'm not going to shoot you, but I will sling poo in your general direction!

Scott, you are still my hero, on and off the softball field.

TFG, not only am I unsurprised that you know the answer to my trivia question, I am also not surprised that you feel dirty. However, don't blame that on my innocent trivia question. Your personal hygiene is your own problem - and I've seen what you can do to a pair of boxer shorts and a lab coat! You SHOULD feel dirty!

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lindsay just missed a question of "who sang LOVE BITES"!!! holy moly, its DEF LEPPARD SILLY!!!!

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, let me just say that if I'm your hero, you've apparently forgotten which guy on the softball field I was.

Second, I'm deeply offended that you missed a Def Leppard question.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger AlaskanBarbieGirl said...

Um, could we try to be a little PC here, people? It's now 'Hearing Impaired Leppard'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home